Monday, April 7, 2014

THE SELECTION BY KIERA CASS (BOOK REVIEW)


First novel in The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass

POV:  First Person Point of View of America Singer, Five (it means she is in the 5th level of the caste or the social status in this book, One being the highest and royalty).

SETTING:   Country of Illea 

RATING: 5/5 Stars

SUMMARY: 

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.


Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

via goodreads 

One thing is for sure, while I was reading this book, I'm having this roller coaster of emotions that goes up and down and twist and turn.

 I've been dying to read this book for ages and guess what? it never disappointed me, I think i'm obsessed with yet another series.

This book reminded me how much I love Princess Mia Thermopolis of Genovia from the Princess diaries and how it brought nostalgic memories when i have a thing about being a Princess, meeting my prince and have this happily ever after back when i was little.

there is this question hanging in my head: Why are they keeping their Relationship? it is forbidden for some Five to fall in love with a Six?

And by the end of the Novel, that question is still unanswered.

In the beginning, she have this secret relationship with a boy named Aspen Leger, Six. they seem so in love and happy but it occur to me that they have such forbidden relationship because they are hiding it from everyone, nobody knows in their family, and meeting secretly being to careful not being caught.

And then Fast forward to the First Kiss of America and Prince Maxon after the Capital Report, they were in the balcony in her room, no maids present, just the two of them. They have this tiny bubble of conversation about the what happened to the recent interview and how America reacted when the Prince pressed to make her confessed about their first meeting after she admitted  she is the girl who scolded the Prince and called him shallow. He just came in to lean and kiss and in that second America stepped back, and they felt this little awkwardness between them, like most first kisses went. So, America said they can re-write history and she is flattered when she realized that the Prince wanted her to be his first kiss *SWWWOOONNNN*

Then, there is conflict where Aspen, America's former boyfriend suddenly showed up as a guard in the palace, to be honest, it always removes the light giddy feeling I have, by him being there. I feel like he is the one holding back things why America and Maxon can't have their happily ending yet, but who knows, I mean this is only the first book in the series.

the ending of book one, really satisfied me and it gave some hope that book 2 will be better between all the Characters, I hope I'm right.

Just so you know, I'm head over heels smitten with Prince Maxon, and I just added him in my fictional boyfriends.



0 comments:

Post a Comment