Saturday, January 18, 2014

GAYLE FORMAN BOOK SIGNING EVENT

 January 18, 2014 at Nationa book store, glorietta

 here is my Instagram post that day: http://instagram.com/p/jT4CvWj_sQ/


I just can't believe that I met the Author @Gayleforman today!
The moment that im already standing in front of her i cant help but say
 "Are you real? Oh my God, I'm shaking" then she said "Yes! Im real come give me a hug"
and then i started to cry so she offered me a tissue! I am so happy, the whole experience itself is so surreal..
To meet one of your favorite authors is such a dream come true! #blessed #Happy#allthefeels #gayleforman #booksigning #book #ifistay
#wheresewent #nbsevents#bookmark #collection #tears #instacollage

I woke early in the morning January 18, because I'm that excited to meet the author Gayle Forman, she is the behind the books 'IF I STAY' and sequel 'WHERE SHE WENT' and the 'JUST ONE YEAR' and 'JUST ONE YEAR'..  I am a really huge fan of hers, so imagine my excitement to finally meet an author and to finally meet an author that i love because one day, I want to be one too!

On the way to Glorietta , I overhead some girls who are also going to the event because they are talking about her books, because i get so giddy, so i asked my cousin if she is excited and she said yes..

Once we are already in Glorietta, it took us a while to find the right place, we can't locate the exact national book store and it took us few minutes, I'm so close of losing hope because we've been searching the place and we are both sweating because of exhausted and nervousness. then suddenly after a few more walks we already saw the line where there people are waiting right in front of the door of glorietta mall because it opens exactly 10 am., then the guard finally opened the door and most of the girls like me, rush towards national because we need to get first in line because it is a first time- first serve basis, for the registration.



On the line, it felt kinda awkward because i'm only talking to my cousin who is a girl of a few words.. she is so quiet. Luckily, after a while, a girl in front of me approached me what is my name and if i a fan of Gayle Forman, I said yes and we started talking about books and the genre that she reads and how she has a friend in Chicago, who recently published a book and that she is present in the event to get an idea to help her friend to promote her book.



Since the signing will not start until 4 pm, we decided to take a de tour at the mall and have some lunch instead, after such my cousin and I just waited inside the bookstore.. standing because most of the seats are already reserved if not taken..


THE MOMENT COMES....
after a few hours of waiting and sitting on the ground reading and talking and observing all the other fans come and go, she finally arrived and she is very enthusiastic! Gayle said it is so hot in here in the Philippines so she removed her blazer and swing it in he air before on of her staff took it, or else it will in my hands.. (kidding!)

                                              Gayle taking wacky selfie on her phone! 


 She talked about her inspirations in writing her books, the movie adaptation of IF I STAY starring Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia and Jaimie Blackley as Adam soon in theaters AUGUST 22, 2014! 



              Gayle is currently working on her new book "I WAS HERE' set for 2013 release..
    Fans are like 'awww that long.." and Gayle is so col saying "guys, i am also a mom, I do laundry                       and cooking, i need to feed my husband and my children..." HAHA! 


When Im already standing in front of her and she is about to sign my book, I am shaking, I even asked her "are you real? oh my God! i'm shaking" and she replied "Yes, come give me a hug" AND THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE MOMENT I ever had in my life, I am fighting the tears that are about to escape in my eyes.. she offered me tissue and  i actually kept it inside my book..


That's me she is hugging. woohoo 
                                                       

                                                           Then it is my cousin's turn!

after that, I am lost in thought I can't find the words to say or to make sense that finally i met one of my favorite authors and i thought i will ever meet one!


ONE LAST THING: IF I STAY movie opens in theaters AUGUST 22, 2014!!
better watch it guys, so better read the books now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment